IRCTC registration is very simple. Just sign up for a new account. If your experience to online train ticket booking is new then you are at right place. Here you can learn to create a new account on IRCTC. To book train tickets online you definitely need new IRCTC account. Create new IRCTC account with very simple steps given below.
- Open website www.irctc.co.in to register and click on sign up link.
- Fill the registration form and submit.
- Activate your account.
Having an online ticket booking account is very beneficial:
- It will save time and will help to book tickets as per the requirements quickly.
- IRCTC account helps to check seat availability in a train
- Helps to cancel the tickets and check the past booked ticket history.
- Provide option to file an online TDR, if you failed to catch the train and not travel in a train.
IRCTC registration process:
- Go to Signup. A new registration form will open.
- You will find mainly four sections on a registration form. These sections are account and personal details, Address Details, Other Services and Word Verification section.
New IRCTC Registration Form
- Filling up the IRCTC registration form, the fields marked with a red star are mandatory to fill. But you can skip the fields which are not marked with the red star.
- Select a username for the new account. The username should be between 3 to 10 characters. Click on Check Availability link to check the username is available or not. If not available then try a different username. Always remember your username because it will be required to sign in to the new account.
- Then enter the details which will be requested from the user to issue a new password, if he/she forgets its password.
- Then provide proper address details, it is very important when you books I-ticket through IRCTC account. Because Indian Railways Catering and Tourism corporation send tickets by courier to the address you provides. Although you can provide a different address at the time of train ticket booking but it will help you to book tickets faster at the time of Tatkal ticket booking. If the user maintains a correct address in his/her IRCTC account, then it can be used on a click of a button instead of entering it, again and again, each time when you books ticket.
- Then in "Other Services" section of the registration form, you can subscribe to special offers and commercial, promotions and newsletters through email or SMS on mobile. This is optional and you can click on 'No' option to unsubscribe.
- Enter the verification code as given in the image. If you are unable to read it properly you can use the refresh button on IRCTC new registration form to get a new code.
- Click on submit button of the registration form to complete the account registration process. You can also use the reset button to clear the form so that you can enter all the details again if required.
- After clicking on submit button a pop up will appear as follows, If the entered email id and the mobile number are correct, click OK button to proceed further steps of IRCTC new registration.
- Now you will be presented with a terms and condition page click on Accept button to continue the new registration process. Once you accept terms and condition, the registration completion message will be displayed, accept it.
- Now check your email account and mobile that you have provided in the registration form to verify email and mobile numbers. Click on the activation link received through e-mail or log in to IRCTC website through the user id and password received through e-mail. And enter the mobile verification code received through SMS and click on submit button to activate your new account. To get the mobile verification code if you have not received it earlier click on first "Click Here" link. To update your registered mobile number if you entered a wrong mobile number at the time of registration click on the second "Click Here" link. If you received multiple messages with different mobile verification codes, the recent verification code has to be used to activate your account. Once you verify its email account and mobile, the IRCTC new account registration process is complete. After successful activation of the account, you can change its password through ‘Change Password’ link or can use the same password which is received through email.